My name is Vania Veronica Serrano Pinto, and I was born in Mexico City. My particular interest in nature, biology and health, drove my development as a Doctor in Biological Sciences. Nevertheless, along my academic development, I became interested in plastic arts. Such development began during my adolescence back in 1974, as I attended a technical drawing course for a 3-year period of time, imparted by the professor Gonzalo Lopez, who I learned diverse techniques from, on technical drawing, artistic drawing, freehand drawing, thus creating my earlier works under his tutelage.
Years later, I attended painting classes under the tutelage of the late great plastic artist Helga Khune, who taught me diverse techniques that vary from watercolor, oil, to acrylic, as well as the oriental technique with Chinese ink named Sumí-e (ink wash painting). In 2011 while in Montpellier, France, I continued painting, learning techniques with different materials, which I include in some of my work.
My works from time to time have been signed with my different name aliases such as: Vania, Vania SP, and Vania Serrano Pinto.
Art is an expression of feelings; it’s an individual way of seeing the world and to capture it over a canvas or a piece of paper, whether it is in color, or black and white. I create my works when I’m feeling inspired, only feeling joyful, while listening to my favorite music, and sometimes while enjoying a cup of wine and always in the good company of Coco, my baby dog, because my work of arts, as I see them, remind me of those delightful moments that inspired me to create them.
Painting has been a true life-passion; my style is loose, colorful, but also eclectic. Throughout my work, I let reflect the different reasons that drive my passion, one of them being, a very special liking in abstract art, which gives me the freedom to create magic sceneries. I’m also motivated by figurative art, such as the human body beauty; I consider this to be both sublime and strong at the same time, and the use of color in natural landscapes is appealing to me as well. Likewise, I’m fond of including Zen motifs in my painting, which represent my spiritual side
- “Décontracté”. Arts & Coffee, Co. Solo show. Mexico City. December 13, 2014 to January 30, 2015.
- “40th anniversary of the Centro de Investigaciones Biológicas del Noroeste, S.C.” Collective exhibition. La Paz, B.C.S. October 22-30, 2015.
- “Passions and Feelings of women” Collective exhibition. Teatro de la Ciudad, La Paz, B.C.S., Mexico. March 15 to April 15, 2017.
- “Myths and Legends of California” Collective exhibition. Teatro de la Ciudad, La Paz, B.C.S., Mexico. May – June, 2017.
- “Collective exhibition 2017”. Teatro de la Ciudad, La Paz, B.C.S., Mexico. November – December, 2017.
- Interview and video Program “Lo Nuestro”, TV Azteca. La Paz, B.C.S. July 7, 2017.
- “Collective exhibition 2019”. Teatro de la Ciudad, La Paz, B.C.S., Mexico. December, 2019.
- “Of passion, color and abstraction”, La Pintada Art Gallery. House of culture of state. October 5-30, 2018